Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is there anything better than snail mail?


One of the things that makes me the happiest is mail.  

There are few feelings better than opening your mailbox and finding a letter waiting for you. Or getting a package— either for an occasion or just because.

I even like mail that is sneakily hand delivered. Like a note left on the kitchen counter, or a post-it on my desk at work with a bag of my favorite candies sitting nearby. And nothing truly says thank you like a hand written note in the mail. It just seems more thoughtful than an email. Probably because it is.

Since my family is currently spread across the country we take advantage of snail mail often. My dad writes me a handwritten card every month and has been doing so since my freshman year of college. My sisters and mom send cards in the mail every so often “just to say hello.” It’s such a nice gesture that always makes me feel loved and thought of.

I’m currently in need of some new stationery because I’m running and I love so many of the handmade notes on Etsy. I think I’ll have to add some of these to my collection. You can too at the links below...


No comments: