Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grandpa's Chair


My grandfather used to sit in this deep, pale blue leather chair that was in my grandparent’s family room. It was his chair. He sat in it after work to read the paper and have a scotch and watch Wheel of Fortune. And sometimes if we were lucky we could sit on his lap in the chair.

We called it Grandpa’s chair and had this mystique about it.

My aunt has it now. It’s in their finished basement on an oriental rug. My cousins read books and play video games in it. But even though it has changed locations, it will always be my grandfather’s special chair.

Jered and I are on the hunt for a special chair of our own. I want something with character, a chair that adds a special touch to our room.

I think any of the below would do the trick.

via





via




No comments: