Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Favorites

I love the fall. From apple cider and fall clothing to candy corn, Halloween, changing leaves and pumpkin-flavored everything, this is definitely, without a doubt, my favorite season. 

Everything just tastes better around this time of year and everything seems to be covered in that golden, late afternoon fall glow. The days are shorter, but still long enough that it's still bright out when I get home from work. And it's chilly enough to wear a leather jacket and scarf, but my puffy, floor length winter sleeping bag coat will still be at the back of my closet for at least another month. 

Since it is my favorite time of year, I've really been getting in the fall spirit lately. Last week I made some amazing pumpkin muffins (recipe to come), and this past weekend I borrowed a Halloween-inspired idea from the Renegade Craft Fair that I visited last month. Though he is a little creepy and Halloween-appropriate I like him so much that I think I'll let him stick around even after the season is over. Happy Fall! 


Plaster skull from Michael's Craft Store


+ 1 Can Chalkboard Paint


= A Halloween-inspired candle holder 


No comments: