Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bests of 2011

I know it’s cliché to say, but I CANNOT believe 2011 is over.

Last year I was in Vail skiing on New Year’s Eve. That seems like yesterday. And now here we are ringing in 2012. It feels exciting but a little melancholy too. 2011 was such a good year and I’m a little sad to see it go.

At the end of the year I always like to think about what I hope to accomplish in the year to come.

But I also think it’s important to think back on the last year and reflect. So many good things happened in 2011. So many changes— and most of them good.

When I think back on my 2011 here are just a few of my favorites…



Bests of 2011

Best Vacation: 3-way tie between Jackson Hole, Palm Springs, CA and Seaside FL


Best New Restaurant (in Chicago): Maude’s Liquor Bar


Best Time Waster: Pinterest/Storage Wars


Best Hotel Stay: San Jose Hotel (Austin, TX)


Best Movie: Midnight in Paris 


Best Gift/Tech Gadget: My very own iPAD 2


 Best Accomplishment: Finishing 5th in the Austin Triathlon


Best Thing I Ate: Tie between the tacos @ Torchy's in Austin and the chocolate glaze donut @ the Doughnut Vault


Best Thing I Cooked: This Homemade Mac & Cheese


Best Concert I Saw: Pantha Du Prince @ the Empty Bottle


Best Book I Read: Come to the Edge by Christina Haag


Best Purchase: Crate and Barrel Lounge Sectional

Best Discovery/Product I Can't Live Without: Lancome Teint Miracle


Best Memory of 2011: Sharing the things we're most thankful for with the people I love most over Thanksgiving

I have this feeling that things are just going to get better and that 2012 is going to be just as good. Cheers and Happy New Year's!

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dressaleuk.co.uk They start snooping around and also discover that Fay has a cookbook on how to cook using children. [url=http://www.zoeroad.com]unique prom dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.xmpllc.com]lace wedding dress[/url] yzpxfuoe The handling set-up was developed by racing drivers Mika Hakkinen and Jonathon Palmer.. bkwvskdb [url=http://www.mulberrylondonshop.co.uk]mulberry handbags uk[/url]