Thursday, January 26, 2012

{Guest Post} Beach Essentials for a Winter Getaway

My first winter in Chicago I made the mistake of not planning a warm-weather getaway during that painful winter stretch of January, February and March...

Needless to say, I learned my lesson and last year we spent a week in the adorable town of Seaside, Florida.

When you live in a place like Chicago a little beach time is almost mandatory to during the seemingly endless winters and I've become a firm believer that if you don't get away at least once you'll go crazy...

With Brazil just about a week away I asked my real-life friend and bloggy friend Madison of the amazing blog The White Ruffle to share her list of Beach Essentials with me in my first-ever guest post!!! If there ever was a gal who loved the beach it would be Madison. She makes it a point to spend lots of time each year in her childhood town of Manhattan Beach, Cali. and I just learned that she'll be heading to the Cayman Islands next month. Head over to Madison's blog and check it out!

Thanks so much for sharing your beach essentials Madison!

**********************************************************

Hi all! I'm Madison from The White Ruffle and I am so happy Haley  invited me over today to share some of my favorite beach essentials! It's hard to even think about going to the beach with all this crazy weather going on in Chicago these past few weeks, but unlike the rest of us Haley is jet setting off to Brazil next week to experience some sunshine! Take me with you!! I am beyond jealous and with her leaving it gets me thinking about heading to the Cayman Islands next month. Can't wait! 



Here are a few of my favorite beach must haves:                                  

1. Beach Cover Up via
2. Fun Beach Bag to hold all your stuff
3. Amazing Bathing Suite via
4. A Great Book
5. Sun Screen and Lip Balm (total must haves)
6. Some Cute Flip Flops via
7. My favorite pair of Tom Fords via
8. A Hair Brush (a must have after you go for a swim)
9. Comfy Towels via

Thanks again to Haley for letting me share some fun beach tips! Remember to put on the sunscreen, it's so important!! Other than that enjoy and have fun... and bring me with you!

xoxo,
madison

4 comments:

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

What great finds -- Love madi's style!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love everything here!

viv said...

LOVE that bikini!!
Have a great time in South America ;)

And so happy to have found your blog via the White Ruffle. I'm now following.

fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Oh I love seaside!!! So gorgeous - and love all the little pastel colored houses! Love that bikini - saw it in a dress version last fall! Great post :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/