Friday, January 6, 2012

The Art of Planning...


When the weather is cold and the days are short I find myself turning to my trusty planner to see what the coming weeks and months have in store. It’s a way I have come to find calm even when stress starts to seem overwhelming. 

It’s a habit that I think I learned from my father. His collection of calendars date back to his college days.

Of course, through him I have learned that the habit is not only for looking forward, it is helpful for looking back and reflecting as well.

Thanks to his collection, my Dad is able to look up even the smallest milestones, accomplishments and occurrences - a day one of us came home sick from school, an important conversation had about the future, the day I learned to drive stick, a weekend visit home when the family was all together.

As I start a new year - and thus a new planner (seen above, a recent Christmas gift from my mother) - I see that I have so many exciting things on the horizon.

Here are just a few that I am so looking forward to…

A visit to Michigan to see my grandparents, only a train ride away...

Incorporating yoga back into my weekends

An upcoming weekend brunch with a friend I have not seen in way too long

An upcoming (and to-be-revealed soon) vacation- Passport required!

Valentine's Day... It will be here before we know it

No comments: