Thursday, November 3, 2011

I love Love

If you don't read Modern Love, you should. 


It's my favorite column in the New York Times and it comes out on Sundays. I look forward to it all week long. 


It's essentially a collection of short stories about love, by people who have a love story to tell. It can be about a husband and a wife. A girl and her crush. A father and a daughter. No holds barred, the column is about love. Pure, true love. In all shapes and sizes. 


On Sunday mornings when I was in high school my parents used to read it to each other from across the family room while drinking coffee, my mom still in her pajamas. 


It was one of those things that annoyed me then and that I look back fondly upon now, thinking that I'd like to do that someday. Something so simple as reading the newspaper out loud. Drinking coffee. Wearing pajamas. Annoying children. 


In any event, you should read it. They're stories that will change your life. 











all images via pinterest

No comments: