Thursday, November 10, 2011

Favorite Places: The Ace Hotel

On Monday night I stayed at my most favorite hotel in New York City.

Located in the heart of Midtown, the Ace Hotel is a 12-story boutique hotel that has locations in Portland, Seattle and Palm Springs.

In May of last year the boyfriend and I took a mini vacation to the location in Palm Springs. It's a dream and was the perfect escape when it was still so frigid in Chicago. 

But the New York location is equally lovely. With simple, cool amenities, the rooms have a laid back hipster vibe but with a polished feel. Small quirks like a record player on your bedside table, a guitar near the window or quotes sketched on the bathroom wall make it a place that you want to return to. After a very long day of work on Monday it was such a treat to fall into the flannel-covered bed in my room. 

Here are just a few shots both from the Ace's website and that I snapped during my stay. 














Photos via Acehotel.com and my iPhone

No comments: