Friday, September 9, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I don’t know what I liked best about Austin. Between the barbeque, the great boutiques, the outdoor-friendly culture, our hotel, the food trucks and the nightlife, even after 6 days in that city it was hard to tear ourselves away.


Baja Shrimp and Washingtonian Tacos from Torchy's Tacos

A TaCow in Downtown Austin


Austin's music scene is not lacking in the slightest. Jered checked out records at a local shop.

The famous Magnolia Cafe in Austin

Texas wildflowers

The natural Barton Springs. Where we saw Woody Herrelson and lots of topless swimmers...

Pre-triathlon we bunked up with my family at a family friend’s place but after my race Jered and I headed downtown to Austin’s SoCo district and got a room at the San Jose Hotel. As serene a spot as I’ve ever been, the boutique hotel was an oasis from bustling Austin and a great home base for us in between the exploring we did during the day. We did a ton while we were there and I’m most happy to report that we found the longhorn rug we’ve been searching for… pictures to come!






But most importantly, my sister and I powered through our first triathlon together and not only did we survive it, we beat our goal times! I was so proud to overcome such a challenging race with my little sister and so overcome with gratitude that my family was there to cheer us on. It was truly a trip I’ll always remember.


My sister Julia and I right before our race <3

No comments: